Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Maggie is in Heaven

Maggie was the best dog my family could ask for. We got her 10 years ago, I was 16. Maggie, a Brittany Spaniel, was loyal and loving. She was always by your side, always there for you and she was just a special friend. I had a hard time saying goodbye to Maggie when I left for college because I knew that I wasn't going to be able to see her everyday. But she kept my parent's company and it made me happy to know that there was no such thing as an empty nest with Maggie around. She was their baby.

Well sadly, Maggie unexpectedly passed away this weekend. We knew she was getting old, but this was sudden. Running to greet my Dad as he got home from work, Maggie just leaned up against the house and collapsed. She must've been tired and God took her to rest. It's been a very difficult 24 hours - I haven't stopped crying. My parents have been beside themselves. It just feels like we've lost a member of our family. But after accepting the fact that Maggie is gone, it makes us all happy to know that she is running free in Heaven and I can only hope that she is spending time with our family's first Brittany Spaniel, Corkey.


Both of those dogs gave our family so much joy and I know that our next dog will bring that same amount of joy to us. My parents will get another dog and pretty soon, Tim and I will get one of our one. I think it's safe to say that two new Brittany Spaniels will be in our family before the year's end.

But before we think about these new additions, this is our time to remember Maggie. Here's a few of my favortie photos of the best dog ever! Love you Mags!







1 comment:

Kate said...

Kiki, I'm so sorry. Sweet Maggie must be running around having a ball in doggie heaven! Love you!