- Successfully moved into our house and turned it into a cozy home! We decorated, organized, settled in and LOVE every square foot.
- Spent six months searching for the perfect couch and it was well worth the hunt.
- Celebrated Tim's 26th Birthday.
- We hit a heartbreaking moment when Tim had to leave his job. That time made us stronger. Since then, Tim started a new job that he loves and quickly advanced into a new role. In a year he's gone from estimator to project manager and now gets to travel across the state visiting job sites. Lemons for sure turned into lemonade on this one.
- My work travels allowed me to visit new cities and re-visit some of my favorite ones. Let's see... It started with a very memorable trip to Las Vegas, then I spent a week in Los Angeles, a week in Austin, went on a quick, but long overdue first visit to Seattle, went to Aspen for the second year in a row, spent a weekend in San Francisco, then traveled to Seattle and rounded out the year with a visit to Chicago. Phew! I'm tired just thinking about all of this.
- But in all of it I got to attend some great events. You could find me at the Consumer Electronics Show, SXSW in Austin, the AMAZING Food & Wine Classic and the Grammys. I made some great friends along the way and even rubbed elbows with some celebrity favorites (my most memorable was Giada!).
- I got a promotion.
- ...and turned 25.
- Attended the nuptials of our dear Lindsay & Chase Whitworth, Amy & Clayton Wells, my high school BFF Anna and my cousin Ashley. Congrats everyone!
- We made it to Destin multiple times (I made three visits, Tim made it down twice). Ya know, a year isn't a good one without at least one stop at Rum Runners.
- Took a trip to Tampa to hang out with Onnolee. It was so much fun!
- Rode horses at Tim's mom's farm in Alabama - jean shorts, cowboy boots and all...
- Hosted the annual Braves game outing, and managed to go on a special charter bus ride with 50 of our closest friends.
- Our beloved Auburn Tigers went undefeated and we were in Jordan-Hare to watch them beat Clemson, Arkansas, LSU and UGA.
- Played lots of flip cup...had too many hangovers.
- Put up our first Christmas tree.
- And last but by any means, not the least, we got ENGAGED!! That moment on the dock was magical and the week spent in Captiva was the best vacation of my life. We would give anything to re-live just one minute of one of those days.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Chip brought the santa hat...
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
It was one year ago that Baby Harper Wooten was born. When I first met him, he was so small that I wasn't even sure how to hold him! Well, the year has flown by and Harper has turned into quite the little man. He's walking, laughing and always smiling. Everyone says he looks identical to how his Dad Josh looked when he was a baby. And I've honestly never seen a little one so well behaved. With all of the attention on him, he never fused or got upset. He just smiled and let everyone hold him (even his future Aunt Kiki :).
The day was also very special because of a surprise visit from Tim's grandpa, Porter Ray. Porter is 85 and I just LOVE him. He reminds me so much of Tim it's scary. He's funny, kind and very handsome. But he can't travel for health reasons so he hasn't left Madison, Alabama in years. He couldn't even come to Birmingham for Josh's wedding. So it was everyone's surprise to see Porter Ray in Birmingham for Harper's birthday. Harper has no idea how lucky he is! We got a great photo with all the Wooten boys. Maybe grandpa will get a wild hair and travel to St. Louis for our wedding :)
Either way, I can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with Baby Harper.
Monday, November 29, 2010
But, the best part was staying at the historic hotel, The Drake. I never really realized how much history was at this hotel -- so many famous people have stayed there, Princess Diana, Jack Nicholson. Scenes from one of my favorite movies My Best Friends Wedding were also filmed at the hotel. To my surprise, when I checked-in, I was upgraded to a room bigger than my house. The room had floor to ceiling windows overlooking Lake Michigan, it was gorgeous.
And just to note, I do love Chicago, but only for a few days. I've been there in the cold winter months and there is no way I'd every survive living there. Way to cold! But if I get the chance to visit again, I'll be there in a heart beat.
The Edelman team (Jill, Casey, Kevin & Me) at the Starbucks photo booth. See my big coat:)The chandelier in my hotel room! The living room in my hotel room - if only I wasn't traveling alone. There was a full kitchen, huge bedroom and bathroom. I liked that they maintained the historic look of the hotel. Gorgeous view of Lake Michigan from my hotel windows. I could see Oprah's house :)
Starbucks pop up store.
Inside of the pop up store. Right on Michigan Avenue. Edelman's Headquarters is around the corner.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Monday, October 4, 2010
The party was "fiesta" themed - there was delicious food, great cocktails and they even had awesome mexican hats for me and Tim, and a pinata. The mustaches were a hit too. And what would a party be without a dance off and flip cup? It had it all.
I also finally found an opportunity to surprise Tim by coordinating J.T.'s visit to Atlanta. Tim and J.T. became best friends when Tim was living in Orlando. Tim didn't think J.T. was able to come to the party, but little did Tim know that J.T. and I had been making special plans. When we went to pick up my parents up from the airport, "surprise" - J.T. arrived too. Tim was so caught off guard, but so happy to see his friend.
Aside from the party (which was hands down, the highlight of the weekend), the weekend festivities also included a night out at the new restaurant that Tim built, a trip to the bridal dress store to try on bridesmaid dresses, lunch and beer at the Bucket Shop to watch the Auburn Tigers beat Lousiana Monroe and a finale brunch at Treehouse. My favorite part was having the dollhouse gals all stay over at our house - it was like old times having one big slumber party.
Me & Tim with our parents
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
- Visited St. Louis and hung out with my family
- Spent a night out with the Kirkwood High School gang like old times
- Went to my cousin's wedding which had salsa dancers!
- Planned my own wedding! (I'm SO excited about the band)
- Caved and got a cleaning lady (between work, wedding planning, football and traveling, I needed reinforcements)
- Spent labor day on the boat. We went with friends to Shell Island and Crab Island - all while cheering on the start of the Auburn football season
- Caught a baseball at the Braves game (Tim still can't believe I actually caught it!)
- Went to the grand opening of the restaurant in Atlanta that Tim built. (I'm so proud of him :)
- Welcomed another Hill family member to Atlanta (my cousin Darya just moved here for grad school @ Emory)
- Helped out at the Ian's Friends Foundation Evening of Inspiration Charity event
- Dealt with a broken pipe that burst and flooded our crawl space (all is good now)
- Ran a 5K through downtown Atlanta with the Edelman team